Thursday, August 23, 2012

Paintings from August.....

Update: I love my "real job", but I'm not exactly practicing dentistry full time. The good news is that gives me more time to paint, which is WONDERFUL!

Up first: 24x36 acrylic on canvas painting completed today!  This is a piece for the Terrier Ball silent auction for Wofford's Homecoming. I hope it raises some money for the Terriers- I can't wait for Homecoming! This is Old Main on Wofford's campus.
Below you can see the progression from sketch to final painting.






 Finished and hanging to dry:



 Up next: a 16x20 acrylic on wooden panel with palette knife. This is the larger version of some birch trees completed for Claire. See the previous post  if you're interested in studies- I posted the 2 smaller 5x7 pieces she gave as a gift a few weeks ago. I really should have taken pictures as i went for this painting- it went through some transitions!


  I can't remember if I've posted this, but an 8x10 charcoal on paper drawing of the house my husband grew up in- a beautiful house on Main Street in Union, SC. This comes into focus more as you back away from the drawing. This was  completed Spring 2012. Sorry for the glare- I really didn't want to take it out of the frame.




In June I visited Angel Oak for the first time on John's Island with Katie, Anna, and Caroline (after graduation before everyone else dispersed for residencies, and before I started working). It was a wonderful afternoon. From some pictures I took at the tree, I started this painting for behind our couch. This is 32x48" acrylic on canvas.

Below is how it appears right now- it's not finished yet, but I'm letting it sit for a few weeks to decide where it's headed and what it needs.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment