Thursday, June 9, 2011




 I'm not a follower of blogs, nor did I ever imagine I'd create a blog of my own. It's more my desire to share images than words or thoughts.This blog came about in the effort to document my artwork and the winding journey it seems to take, as well as to share current projects with friends and family. I've always thought that if there was a comprehensive exhibit of my entire body of work, observers would guess each piece was by a different artist. Whether or not this is true, I don't know. What I DO know is that I tend to chase ideas as they inspire me, and follow the parts of a piece that I like as I go... Very rarely do I have a vision of the end product before I get started. I always love the beginning of a new project and developing the idea, and find myself exhausted with the details and finishing. This is why I haven't found my characteristic style, and I'm not sure I ever will. 
Enough with the monologue- this is why I hate blogs. I'm going to try to go back and document some older work. This will probably come in the form of multiple posts.
A 9x12 watercolor of the Pineapple Fountain in Waterfront Park, for an AAWD silent auction in April 2011

 Happy Birthday Brian- a 16x20 acrylic of a special lonely tree on the beach at Debordieu. February 2011
 Commission for an anniversary for some wonderful friends - the ruins of Old Sheldon Church where they were married. Acrylic 30x36.  May 2011
Happy Birthday mom! acrylic 30x36. May 2011.

More to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment